My stepfather often told me, when I was being unreasonable: "Why don't you broaden your pitifully narrow horizons." This blog reflects my desire to do just that. It involves tales of my adventures in extraordinary places but also ordinary places made extraordinary by the people encountered and the food.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Who knows what you'll find in your backyard

I have been remiss in my blog writing duties because I've been temporarily without a digital camera. I hope to rectify the situation by this weekend, after which point I will take heaps of photos and become much better at writing at more regular intervals! I did go on a rafting adventure last weekend during which I took photos with a very old school camera but I have to wait to find the time to get the rolls developed and put on CD. That process takes me back to bygone days!

Until I get my act together, satisfy yourself with this video taken by my friend Kory who owns and runs the lovely A Taste of Alaska Lodge. He captured this frequenter of his pond area on video and shared it with me. Yup, I'm really in Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment